Ketan Sukkawala, DDS
Dr. Sukkawala grew up in Amarillo, Texas. He received his undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University, and attended dental school at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. After completing an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency in San Antonio, he practiced general dentistry in Temple, Texas for the next five years. After seeing many children in his practice, he decided to specialize in pediatric dentistry.
He completed his specialty training in Pediatric Dentistry at the Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center in Ohio, where he provided comprehensive clinical care for well children and those with special needs including emergency care, procedures in the dental office using conscious sedation, and treatment in the operating room and in the office under general anesthesia. Dr. Sukkawala is Board Certified in Pediatric Dentistry.
For children requiring their treatment in the hospital, Dr. Sukkawala has privileges at The College Station Medical Center (The Med) and at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Bryan.
Personally, Dr. Sukkawala is married to Jothi and they have three boys, Rohen, Ravi, and little Rian. His hobbies include playing tennis, traveling, hiking, and hanging out with his family.
Education & Professional Affiliations
- Magna Cum Laude, Bachelor of Science in Microbiology, Texas A&M University
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S), graduated with honors, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Advanced Education in General Dentistry, Audie L. Murphy Veterans Administration Hospital in San Antonio
- Residency in Pediatric Dentistry, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Diplomate American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (Dental Honor Society)
- American Dental Association
- Texas Dental Association
- Brazos Valley District Dental Society
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Texas Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- Southwestern Society of Pediatric Dentistry
- Dental Provider for College Station Independent School District (CSISD) Head Start
- Pediatric Dentist for Beautiful Community Smiles Cleft Palate Team at Scott & White Clinic in College Station